Web Link

Web Link
Author Web Page

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Meet New Author—Heidi Renee Mason

Today I would like to introduce you to Heidi Renee Mason. Investigating the Heart, is her first novel and I think this one is going to be very intriguing. She is a new member of Solstice Publishing, and joins a plethora of talented authors.

A bit about Heidi ... Heidi Renee Mason always knew she would be an author. Heidi is passionate about writing, and writes fiction, as well as poetry. In her spare time, Heidi enjoys music, genealogy, all things Celtic, and chick flicks. A native of the Midwest, Heidi now resides in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and three daughters. Investigating the Heart is Heidi’s debut novel.

Here's a brief peek into, Investigating the Heart. 
After the death of her husband in a plane crash, Emma McCoy, a single mom of three, has given up on love. When she meets Liam O’Reilly, an FBI agent who is new in town, the chemistry is immediate. Emma tries to keep her distance, but Liam is determined to win her over. As the two navigate their feelings, Emma’s resolve begins to crumble. What Emma doesn’t know is that Liam is connected to her past in a way that she could never have imagined, and this connection could put their future in jeopardy. In the small town of Beckland, Ohio, danger is the last thing that Emma expects. However, since Liam’s arrival, it seems like peril is waiting around every corner.


Author Interview Questionnaire:


Heidi Renee Mason
Your latest/current work: Investigating the Heart
Date: 09/04/2015
Publisher: Solstice Publishing

1. Tell us about your Latest Book/Book about to be released? Release Date? My debut novel, Investigating the Heart, is women’s fiction/suspense. After the death of her husband in a plane crash, Emma McCoy, a single mom of three, has given up on love. When she meets Liam O’Reilly, an FBI agent who is new in town, the chemistry is immediate. Emma tries to keep her distance, but Liam is determined to win her over. As the two navigate their feelings, Emma’s resolve begins to crumble. What Emma doesn’t know is that Liam is connected to her past in a way that she could never have imagined, and this connection could put their future in jeopardy. In the small town of Beckland, Ohio, danger is the last thing that Emma expects. However, since Liam’s arrival, it seems like peril is waiting around every corner.

2. What other books/short stories have you written? Investigating the Heart is my first novel. I have written magazine articles, poetry, and worked for a time as a Staff Writer for a newspaper.


3. Are they available in e-book, print, or both? It will be available in both print and e-book formats.

4. Where can readers find your books? The best place to find purchase links is to visit my website at www.heidireneemason.wordpress.com and look under “How To Order.” There will also be ordering information at www.facebook.com/HeidiReneeMason.


6. What do you think are the biggest challenges for the type of writing that you do? For me, I’m a romantic, so the biggest challenge in writing is to keep it believable and make sure there is enough conflict and that it’s not all rainbows and smiles.

7. How did you get started in writing? I have loved reading since I was a small child. As a teenager, that love of reading turned into a love of writing. I enjoyed expressing myself through the written word more than verbally. I learned that it was something at which I excelled, so I continued.

8. Where and How can readers get in touch with you? I love to interact with readers. The best way to get in touch with me is through my website, www.heidireneemason.wordpress.com, or like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/HeidiReneeMason. I also enjoy Twitter, and my handle is @heidireneemason.

9. So with your latest work released/or being released, what comes next? What can we expect from you in the future? I am currently working on my second novel, with a working title of Hope Found. It is in the very early stages, so I’m anxious to see where that journey will take me.

10. How much of your personality and life experiences are in your writing? As an author, I think you put a part of you in every word, every scene, and every character. After all, this is your story, the way you see it. Although my work is fiction, those who know me like to point out the similarities between me and my characters.

11. Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow? I would love to have a set writing schedule, but that’s not how things work in my house. I am a home schooling mama of three girls, so my schedule really revolves around theirs. I work a lot of things out in my head before I ever put words on paper. I work in fits and spurts. Some days I will write a lot, some days I won’t write anything at all. However, I am always thinking of my next plot and how it will all fit together.

12. What about you in general? What is it that makes you tick? Makes you you? Things you like to do and what prompted you into writing? My life really revolves around my family. My husband and girls are the most important things to me. I think being a wife and mother make me a better writer. I put a lot of myself into my writing. When I’m not reading or writing, I enjoy genealogy, music, and I am a Celtic enthusiast.

13. Among your own books, have you a favourite book? Favourite Hero or Heroine? I don’t have a favorite book. I don’t think I could choose one. I love Ken Follett, Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Picoult, Elin Hilderbrand, and L.M. Montgomery, just to name a few.


14. Do you ever ask friends/family for advice or ideas to go into your works? Definitely! I am always asking my husband about ideas, and asking what he thinks about something I have come up with.


15. Have you ever experienced Writer's Block? If so how did you work through it? My cure for writer’s block is to just start writing. I find that as soon as I sit down to write, the words come. They may not always be the words I want, or the words I end up with, but the words will come if you let them.

16. Lastly do you have any words of encouragement for unpublished writers? I would encourage anyone with a passion for writing to pursue it. You have to do it because you love it, though. Don’t do it because you think you’ll be rich and famous, because that is unlikely for the most part. Do it because it is in you and it needs to be let out.

Visit Heidi at:
On Twitter @heidireneemason





No comments:

Post a Comment