Web Link

Web Link
Author Web Page

Monday, February 2, 2015

Three Important Things about Romance Over 50

It's funny, when I was twenty and I saw couples who appeared to be over fifty, I imagined their romance life to be very different than the one I was experiencing. I was right ... but not for the reasons that I had assumed.

I figured since they were "older", they must not have much romance in their lives, nor would they care too much about it. This is possibly, the biggest misconception of my then young life. As I am now over the fifty threshold myself, I find my intimate life to be as important as it ever was and ... better.

When you're young, you are learning and full of inhibitions. After a certain point, you become more relaxed and speak more freely about the level of romance in your life. There are no more young children at home, baseball games, dance lessons or school outings. Your time becomes more your own and as a couple, you have more chances to explore and get to know each other better.

Here are three tips that I feel are helpful to your romance after fifty. Read them, use them, or don't. It's all up to you, just know that life is an ongoing adventure and romance never stops surprising.

1. You're never too old to wear something sexy. It makes you feel good and it will surprise your partner to see that you want to kindle the burning fire with a little allure. This is for both men and women.

2. I know this one will sound a bit unromantic, but it works. Be kind to each other. Take charge ... cook dinner, or clean the dishes. Run a bath and light candles, or just iron your partners work shirt. It's the little things that show you care and a little kindness can go a long way to fuel the fire.

3. And lastly, make time for the simple things. Sit out on your patio at night and talk, watch a TV show that strikes conversation and makes you laugh. Get a coffee from your favorite cafe and sit at a table for two and enjoy the day. These small things will keep you open to each other and let communication flow. And that, is the sexiest, most romantic, thing of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment