Web Link

Web Link
Author Web Page

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hello it's Tuesday.

This morning while sitting having my cup of life's blood, it occurred to me that it had been a while since my last post. In fact, other than Elizabeth's guest hosting, I've been sort of silent. Now anyone who knows anything about me understands that the concept of me and silence just does not mesh. Nonetheless, I haven't blogged in a long time. As I thought about this and tried to figure out why, my answer was less than comforting. The truth is, I am a pretty boring person. A writer yes, but that's fiction. People, places, scenarios that I create. I'm afraid my reality is completely mundane. Now that's not to say I do not have my share of drama, because you all know that's definitely true but my day to day is...uneventful, predictable and really there's nothing much to say about it. Or at least nothing much I deem worthy of sharing.

Each day I check Facebook, Twitter and various author groups I belong to and it seems that everyone on them has so much to say. Whether it be personal, work or about a new book, always vocal and always moving. Usually I am writing or editing, taking my stab at promoting and the rest consists of laundry, feeding Cooper and Skelatore, chats on the phone and the occasional grocery run. Maybe cleaning a bit, exercise, catching up on social media and then more writing, and finally finishing the day with cooking dinner. It seems funny to me to blog about such drone things that make up my day so most of the time my blogging consists of of well...not blogging. So I guess what I'm saying is, if you don't see anything from Silent Pen for long periods of time, it usually doesn't mean there's anything wrong but actually that there really wasn't anything to say. Or at least anything I think that would keep you from yawning.

No comments:

Post a Comment