Web Link

Web Link
Author Web Page

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cold medicine and snacks

So I'm home sick today with a cold. It's Saturday so that's okay no missing work or some other week day commitment. Just me , Cooper (my great dane) and pay per view on cable. There's just one issue I have...I can't stop snacking. What is it about having a cold that makes you want to consume every morsel of sweet and salt you have in the house? I think it's a conspiracy between the snack companies and the makers of cold medicine. Secretly they get together and create something in the pills that trigger our desire for more junk food. Why else would they say feed a cold. They're already programming us for when we have to take the meds. That has to be it. It can't be just me...never. I have more will power and control than that. Don't I? No...it's definitely them.And since it is, and it's out of my control then I have no choice but to give in. After all the alternative would be to suffer all the painful side effects of having the cold. Runny nose, sore throat, stuffy head...popcorn and M&M's it is. And when I'm feeling better and the awareness of how much I really have consumed sinks in, I can jump on the treadmill and toss the goodies aside. Chocolate anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I am always eating when I'm sick! Its the only thing that keeps me from annoying everyone around me with all if the complaining. I don't make sense with my mouth full ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. Sometimes I think I make more sense with my mouth full...

    ReplyDelete