Web Link

Web Link
Author Web Page

Friday, April 8, 2016

Author Anxiety

I know I'm not alone on this, but sometimes it can feel like it. Do you find as an author, that you're constantly stressed out? Worried about book sales? Social media contact? Promo? Never mind the chaos in your brain with all the people and stories running around. Finishing the one you're currently working on in a reasonable amount of time, and hoping that it's better than the last one and by some slim chance, you have grown leaps and bounds as an author.

All these things consume me everyday. Each morning I wake up and run what I have to do in my head after the day job is over. Sometimes, I'm so obsessed over getting sales up, I actually don't even look at my current manuscript. Getting published was one of the best accomplishments in my life and also my life changer. I remember the days when I would write something, and then throw it in a folder and tuck it away. It didn't matter if anyone saw it, what they thought, or how popular it may or may not become. It was just mine. But once the treasure chest was opened, there was no turning back.

I love what I do. It's my escape, my creativity, my fuel and my passion. But with all those things come worry, anxiety and doubt. Maybe one day I will be able to let go of the latter and just enjoy. However, today is not that day. Prozac anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment