Web Link

Web Link
Author Web Page

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cement Glue

So I was at work today and one of my daughters stopped by because she needed some items faxed. As I stood there introducing her and her fiance to my co-workers, it occurred to me just how lucky I really am. My daughters have always been the shining light in the darkest night for me, but as they get older and mature, I have also discovered a level of friendship that cannot be matched by any other person who graces this planet. Now don't get me wrong, there are those days where I would like to deny that we are related, but I'm sure there are times they feel the same. What makes our relationship so wonderful is that even on those days, there's no one else I'd rather have by my side. They make me laugh, cry,  feel proud, frustrated, amazed and bewildered. They are my best and worst days. And when I need to feel like myself, they are the first ones I call. They are a constant reminder of all the good things I am capable of and all the right reasons I get out of bed in the morning. They make me look toward tomorrow when today seems especially bleak or difficult and hearing their voices always reminds me that there are things in life more important than me. They are my best friends and on occasion, my worst enemy. No one can elate me or sadden me more, while all the long holding my love in each of their minds, body and soul. They are much more brilliant, clever and talented than me, and never cease to amaze me on a daily basis. They are who I want to be when I grow up and only hope to aspire to be like.They are my girls and I am in awe by the adults they have become and continue to grow into...my loves, my life and my treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment